You know It's Going to be a Bad Day When....
- Get so many "host down" alerts on your blackberry that you are convinced that it's a malfunction with the monitoring server, not the actual machines
- One of the two bridges to the north shore is closed (and hear rumors of it taking two and a half hours to get across the other)
- You get to work and discover that the other office where all your clients servers are located is completely without power
- Your see OpenNMS has only 10 servers with problems recorded.... until you notice the last item on the list is "59 more..."
- The guy who normally rolls in at 9:30 or 10 has been here since 5 am
- You discover that it was decided at 6:30am to do a "midnight move" of all client machines from the other office (without power) to the new one (with power) with no plan, prep, or warning
- Decide to completely ignore email as there's really no point at this point
I so wish I could write "found this funny list at xxx's blog :)
I am now going to go and hide under my desk...
Posted by Arcterex at December 15, 2006 08:31 AM